Well, I looked back and realized that Cole Bennett first used the potty 1 year ago!!! That may sound great, except for the fact that he is still not completely potty trained:( I think the first time was a total accident. He had just turned 2 and was about to get in the tub and the water was running. Once school got out in May of last year, I was ready! I got a potty chart with stickers, bought about a million dollars worth of potty prizes, and researched and knew that I had a great potty for boys.
All summer his maw maw and I worked on this and he was sooooo close. His school said to send him anyway against the rules in the pull ups!! Here we are still in January in pull ups until yesterday. Enough was enough. Him and I had a talk Tuesday night before bed and I told him when he woke up there would be no more pull ups except for night time ones for sleeping. He agreed so I went with it.
The first day was nothing short of exhausting! Thanks to Lauren, Reagan, & Jennifer for your advice and encouragement throughout the day. Halfway through I thought I would go back to pull ups and y'all all told me definitely NO!
We've had one accident each day which is not so bad and he seems to be pretty proud of himself. He still has no interest in pooping in the potty! I even brought back the small potty thinking he would go in there, but no. I'll keep working on it!!
Hope this wasn't too much information for you. This is mostly for him to read one day and hopefully his future wife, for I expect that she will one day have the same trouble that I have been having when they have a baby. Evidently it is in the genes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment