Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Little Lighter...

Well I hit a milestone today and didn't realize it until Brent made me start adding everything up.  These are going to be some embarrassing numbers, but since I will NEVER be here again it can't hurt to put it out there.  I won't give exact figures yet, but they are getting smaller.

I went to visit the surgeon exactly 6 months ago today on July 13.  I have now lost a grand total of 40 pounds since then (17 since surgery and the rest was from before)!!  I have 14 more to go before I really hit my first of many short GOAL weights, but this is a huge start. 

I started today thinking I would buy myself something small to celebrate, but of course, I bought Cole Bennett some clothes instead.  I should continue to lose at a pretty consistent rate and really have so much clothes in every size all the way down to a 10 so I should be good for a while.  I am just going to look very out of style I'm sure.  Its just my form of therapy that I have to go through.  I have to physically be able to wear all of these clothes that I have saved all this time thinking that I am just "a few pounds" from getting back in.  When in reality I was far from wearing them!  So if you see me in "mom jeans" or clearly summer outfits...don't judge me!  Just know that I cleaning out my closet:)

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for taking charge and making healthy decisions for your family. I am struggling with maintaining control. I must get my act together.... Pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Good for you Christine! Keep up the good work. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete